DANCING FOR THE STARS RAISED MORE THAN A QUARTER-MILLION DOLLARS FOR LOCAL BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS
By Clarissa Robertson • Photos by Blushing Cactus Photography
This year’s Dancing for the Stars event raised more than $275,000 for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Arizona. As the organization’s major yearly fundraiser, it has grown to raise a significant portion of the non-profit’s annual budget and literally keeps the doors open for the Prescott and Prescott Valley Clubs.
The event, which took place October 2 at the Hendrix Auditorium in Prescott, consists of an exciting dance competition where local celebrities are paired with professional dancers to perform a wide variety of dances. The event also included a special performance by the Club members.
While the true winners are the community’s kids, three top awards went to Luther Kraxberger & Marina Rogova-O’Brien for “Judge’s Choice” for best performance; Dr. Lisa Rhine & Daniel Garcia for “People’s Choice Award” for most votes; and Mayor Kell Palguta & Jamie Procknow for “Best Friendraiser”, because they raised the highest amount in donations (they got to take home the mirror ball).
A special thank you to all the amazing dancers who worked so hard in fundraising, rehearsing, and dazzling our audience:
- Celebrity Dancer Leslie Horton and Professional Dancer Zach Leonard
- Celebrity Dancer Luther Kraxberger and Professional Dancer Marina Rogova-O’Brien
- Celebrity Dancer Jen James Martin
- Celebrity Dancer Brendan McDonough and Professional Dancer Dawn Wilson
- Celebrity Dancer Mayor Kell Palguta and Professional Dancer Jamie Procknow
- Celebrity Dancer Michael Nache and Professional Dancer Carie Hughes
- Celebrity Dancer Dr. Lisa Rhine and Professional Dancer Daniel Garcia
- Celebrity Dancer Jess Savoini and Professional Dancer Ron Howard
- Club members, with choreography by Lexe Niekamp
- Bob & Beth Raber, 2020 Tribute
The Clubs are thankful for all the wonderful sponsors, supporters, and volunteers who made this event possible. The generosity of our community in supporting Dancing for the Stars provides local families with truly life-changing opportunities.
Learn more about the event at www.dancingforthestars.net and follow us on social media at @bgccaz.