We may be living in this pandemic world until the beginning of summer. That doesn’t mean you can’t have fun – safely. You may not feel comfortable traveling too far outside of the comfort and safety of your home. We’ve curated this list of staycation ideas for your possible staycation fun.
Where to stay:
The Hilton Garden Inn is a brand-new hotel is near the heart of downtown. Walking distance to restaurants, shops, and Granite Creek Park. It includes a pool and its own restaurant – Triple Creek Kitchen & Spirits.
Looking for a boutique setting? Check out Grand Highland Hotel right on Whiskey Row. It offers beautifully decorated rooms (some that overlook the downtown plaza) plus restaurants and bars right out the door.
Where to eat:
Downtown Prescott is full of both family-friendly and date night restaurants. Some fun food finds can happen at:
- The County Seat which boasts awesome views of the Yavapai County Courthouse Plaza
- The Palace Restaurant is a historical favorite that used to host wild west icons such as Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday
- El Gato Azul offers Tapas, drinks, and entrees in a fun outdoor seating just by the creek.
- You can easily grab a slice at Bill’s Pizza and have an outside picnic on the plaza lawn.
These are just a few suggestions. We have loads of fun restaurants throughout Prescott.
Where to drink:
If you are looking for a drink – Whiskey Row won’t disappoint. Just off Whiskey Row is a local favorite wine bar – Back Alley Wine Bar. It might be tucked away but the ambiance and staff make it a cozy place to enjoy a glass of wine or beer. Another favorite that boasts a friendly patio setting, plus a lineup of award-winning beers is Lazy G Brewhouse just south of Whiskey Row.
What to do:
There are a number of museums in the Prescott area including the Sharlot Hall Museum, Phippen Museum, and the Museum of Indigenous People.
Shop our downtown shops! Mary & Ed and Purple Clover are just two amazing stores to check out downtown, but no matter which store you stop in, you won’t go wrong! From souvenirs to one-of-a-kind clothing finds.
Looking for something more adventurous?
- Try renting a kayak with Born to Be Wild Adventure Tours & Rental – you can rent kayaks, canoes, or standup paddleboards to use on Willow, Watson, or Goldwater Lake.
- Climbing at Gripstone Climbing Gym – you can boulder, climb, and explore in this completely indoor climbing gym
- Skating at Prescott Action Center which is an action-packed new space for kids of all ages – it includes skate ramps, a Ninja Warrior course, and more!
- Try a hot yoga class at Bend Hot Yoga – they offer a variety of classes for every level
Looking for adventure out of town? We recommend hiking at the Grand Canyon, exploring the wilds of Bearizona, overcoming your fear of heights at Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course, or skiing and snowboarding (if snow allows) at Snowbowl.
These are just a few ideas. You can have fun throughout Prescott on a low budget by hiking, camping, or fishing our number of amazing outdoor locations. You can stock up for all your adventures at The Hike Shack on Montezuma Street. Remember to stay safe, have fun, and explore your own backyard!