Valentine’s Day Made Extraordinary at Rafter Eleven
By Dawn Wasowicz
Valentine’s Day is a treasured experience at Rafter Eleven. On this day, we have the opportunity to witness the connection between individuals who truly care for and appreciate one other.
For the past two years, we have hosted a beautiful candlelit night full of music, wine, coffee, and delicious desserts. It’s the perfect atmosphere for love, friendship, and connection.
This year is no exception. We want the day to be extra special, for you and your valentine. We have prepared a unique dessert and wine menu that will leave you wanting more! We invite you to join us Friday, February 14 at Rafter Eleven for an extraordinary night.
RSVP by calling us directly at 928.227.2050.
Stop by Rafter Eleven at 2985 Centre Court, Suite B, in Prescott Valley’s Entertainment District, and ask Dawn to share her recipe with you!. Visit www.raftereleven.com for more information.
Since Valentine’s Day is all about giving love, there couldn’t be a better way to show our appreciation to you than by sharing our famous triple chocolate, Grand Marnier, espresso brownie recipe.
For Your Eyes Only!
makes 24 brownies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, plus more, softened, for greasing
- ¾ cup of Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 8 oz high-quality semisweet chocolate, or bittersweet chocolate, 60-70% cacao, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plus ½ cup for altitude)
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons Espresso Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur
- Grease a 9×13-inch (23×33-cm) metal pan with softened butter, then line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on all sides. Grease the parchment with softened butter.
- Combine the chopped chocolate, ¼ cup (30 g) of cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a heatproof liquid measuring cup or medium bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter to a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the butter just comes to a vigorous simmer, about 5 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally. Pour the hot butter and Blood Orange Olive Oil directly over the chocolate mixture and let sit for 2 minutes. Whisk until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted, then set aside.
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, Espresso Balsamic, Grand Marnier liqueur and eggs in a large bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. The texture should be similar to a thick pancake batter.
- With the mixer on, pour in the slightly cooled chocolate and butter mixture and blend until smooth.
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift in the flour and remaining cocoa powder and use a rubber spatula to gently fold until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake until lightly puffed on top, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, then lightly drop the pan on a flat surface 1-2 times until the brownies deflate slightly. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt (optional).
- Return the pan to the oven and bake about 20 minutes more, until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the brownies comes out fudgy but the edges look cooked through.
- Set the brownies on a cooling rack let them cool completely.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the cooled brownies out of the pan.
- Cut the brownies into sections.
To make your brownies extra special:
Add Raspberry Amaretto Jam in the middle of your brownies
For the Finale add Dawn’s homemade espresso frosting!