Supplied Article Checklist
Here are some tips to keep in mind when writing an article for submission to Prescott Woman magazine!
Every article should include:
- Suggested Headline: a short, catchy phrase
- Suggested Subheadline: a longer phrase adding more detail about the headline/article
- Byline: the name of the person writing the article
- Business details: a short description of what the business offers
- Contact Information: website, phone number, and address, if applicable (place this at the very end of the article)
- If you use an acronym in your article, please spell out what it stands for (only the first time you use it – then you can use the acronym only). For example: Prescott Unified School District (PUSD) is operating on a two-hour delay.
- Using numbers? Write out any numbers up to ten (one, two, three, etc.) and use digits for any numbers greater than ten (11, 12, etc.). Please use commas in numbers with four digits or more (for example: 4,250).
- When you write dates, please use plain numbers (for example, please type January 5 instead of January 5th).
- When it comes to formatting, keep the text as plain as possible. Use italics for emphasis and use bold only for headings or other similar elements (not for emphasis in the body of the text).